9 Facts about the Delhi airport you might wanna know about:
Indira Gandhi International Airport (Delhi Airport)
The capital city airport tends to be the most enormous airport in india .It is believed that apart from commercial airlines the airport also manages to deal with Air charter services The distance of airport from mainly city is not more than 12 km . some of the facts of this airport are as follows:
- The Indira Gandhi Airport has an estimate of 34 million passengers per annum capacity.
- The Delhi airport has an area of 5.4 million sq. ft. which is very large as compared to other airports.
- The total cargo movements as of 2014 was 6050000 tonnes and the total aircraft movement was calculated to be around 3,13,958.
- The Delhi Airport has a Multi-level car parking which accommodates 43000 cars.
- The Delhi Airport seemingly handles more than half traffic in south Asia.
- In 2011 the Indira gandhi International Airport was ranked as the third best airport in the world.
- In terms of traffic the Delhi Airport is the second busiest airport in India.
- The terminal 3 of the is the 8th largest passenger terminal in the world.
- The Terminal 3 of Delhi Airport has a record of 78 aero bridges.